It’s hard enough for busty gals to find a regular bra that lifts and separates properly. But when you add moderate or vigorous exercise without the proper support— Houston we have a problem! As I do more jogging and less walking (feel free to add the applause here!) it is becoming more and more evident that I am in need of new sports bras. The ones I have are suitable for working out in the gym, my new body pump class or any other low impact exercise. But when I jog and get into a good rhythm it’s terribly annoying when I’m distracted by unwanted extra bounce… So the hunt begins.
If you’re not overly busty God bless you! But for those of us that are it is important to have the proper support especially during exercise. (And nothing can mess up a good outfit quicker than the the wrong undergarments.)
Tips to find the perfect sports bra:
- Wide straps and racer backs are best for the heavily endowed
- The bra is too big if the material wrinkles or bunches
- The right size may not be the size you normally wear, try on a few
- Sports bras should fit snug but not cut into your skin
- A proper fit allows you to slide two fingers under the straps
- For high impact activities I prefer bra sized sports bras instead of shirt sized (S-M-L), they seem to have a much better fit
- Higher impact sports bras will not have a stretchy material on the breast and will also have a snap closure (if it’s stretchy enough to pull over your head it’s not giving you maximum support)
- Look for moisture absorbing fabrics to avoid chafing instead of 100% cotton that will hold moisture
- And I like when they have two separate compartments (my girls don’t play well together)
Any busty ladies found the miracle sports bra that I’m in search of? If you have an amazing sports bra please share! Happy Friday!